Point of sale or better known as POS is applicable to all types of businesses regardless of their sizes and types.
Point of sale system is a mainly combination of two components, hardware and software that manages the businesses. It can be networked to other terminals, and to a server in the back room or at another location.
Point-of-sale systems enables employees to work faster, but they may require retraining. They can also be tied to an inventory or accounting software, such as SQL Accounting Software. POS systems can automate a number of tasks.
POS systems enable employees to process transactions quickly, and they can let employees to load customers data instantly. Most POS Systems are able to handle credit and debit cards processing, and their ability to store past transactions allow businesses to run loyalty programs and other incentives programs. Many programs can also be run on smart phones and tablets, allowing companies to work away from their stores without much trouble.
Different business sized owners from small to large ones use POS System for Retail, Hospitality, Apparel, Automotive, Saloon, Sporting Goods, Gift Shop, Mobile Orders, Pharmacy, E-Commerce and many more.
Advantages of Point of Sale System
- POS System peripherals such as bar code scanner facility makes transactions execution quick and save customers valuable time
- POS System helps business owners to track and manage their inventory in real time. They can see numbers of items remaining in their stock easily. By using point of sale system business owner can automate the ordering process in case to never run out of their hottest selling products
- POS system monitors business owners sales records and alert them when stocks are running low
- POS System reduces paper work by automatically generating accurate and designated reports. It also provides instant updates in sales and purchase records hourly, weekly and monthly which gives business owner a better idea of how their business is doing.
- POS System enables business owner to categorize their stock items into multiple subfields as per companys' requirements.
- POS System makes it easy for business owner to look up past transactions. They can easily view records of any past transaction information within a snap.
- Customers able to receive detailed itemized receipt of items that have been purchased.
- POS System reduce the chances of human errors as the software has built in checks to ensure that the information entered is accurate and correct at present poit.
- POS System allows business owner to add promotions and discounts on all or selected products.
- POS System modules allows business owners to have full control on all sales & return operations, products bundling, promotion & discounts, sales transactions, CRM, inventory management, labor working hours and shift management.
- POS System provides side access so busines owners are able to manage their business via internet from anywhere at anytime.
- POS System helps companies to identify the profit & loss gap and business owner are able to manage or plan new strategies to achieve their targeted set goals or income.